Bay of Plenty/Waikato Business Expo 2018 Terms and Conditions:
By submitting your booking for the Bay of Plenty/Waikato Business Expo 2018 (Expo), you (Exhibitor) are agreeing to the following terms and conditions of Jigsaw Solutions Group Limited (Organiser) and Bay Venues Limited (Venue):
- The Organiser:
The Exhibitor at all times before, during and after the Expo must:
- Will provide a 3.0m x 1.2m booth including black panels, power to your booth and spotlights.
- Will list the Exhibitors details on the Website and App when the booking is confirmed and details have been provided by the Exhibitor prior to the 7th February 2018, after which time the Organiser cannot guarantee the listing. The Organisers accept no responsibility for any omission or other errors.
- Reserves the right to reposition any Exhibitor stand(s) at any time prior to the commencement of the Expo.
- Ensure that its employees, contractors and agents comply with all applicable statutes, bylaws and rules of conduct for the Venue and any directions of the Organiser and Venue and ensure that they do not do, or omit to do, anything that may cause an Exhibitor to be in breach of an exhibitor’s obligations under this Agreement.
- Ensure their stand is fully manned at all times during the opening hours of the Expo, or other hours as may be specified by the Organiser.
- Ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of their stand, conduct business only from their stand and keep passageways in front of their stand clear from obstruction.
- Conduct and manage its use of the Venue in an orderly and lawful manner and ensure that it does not behave in any riotous, offensive or disorderly manner that is likely to cause danger or annoyance to other members of the public, the Venue, the Organiser or damage the reputation of those.
- At the Exhibitor’s expense obtain all licenses, permits and consents that may be required for the Event and upon request provide the Venue with copies of these documents. In addition, the Exhibitor will obtain the relevant authorisation in relation to use of any third party intellectual property and will not use the Venue for the public performance of any literary, dramatic, musical or other work or entertainment in breach of copyright.
- Ensure that they do not bring to the Venue any firearms, explosives, flammable liquids or other dangerous substances (including fireworks or pyrotechnics), except with the prior written consent of the Organiser and/or Venue.
- Not conduct any lottery, raffle, betting, gambling or game of chance of any kind without the prior written consent of the Organiser and/or Venue.
- Not make any radio, television broadcast, films, recordings, video tapes or any type of electronic or digital recording of any kind whatsoever at the Venue, without the prior written consent of the Organiser and/or Venue.
- Not use Candles, Helium Balloons, Glitter and Party String within the Venue.
- Adhere to the Venue’s strictly ‘no smoking’ policy.
- Not connect any electrical devices into any power sources at the Venue unless evidence is provided to the Venue that such devices have been inspected by a suitably qualified electrician or trained person and complies with New Zealand standards.
- The Exhibitor agrees that pack-down of their stand will occur after the close of the Expo i.e. not prior to 4pm and must be completely packed down prior to 9pm on the day of the Expo.
- The Exhibitor will comply at all times with the Organiser and the Venue’s Health and Safety policies and procedures and the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (and any amendments).
The Venue will be available for set up on the day prior to the Expo likely to be between 4:00pm (and not prior due to health and safety requirements) and 9:00pm and will be confirmed by the Organiser closer to the event as this is subject to change.
An Exhibitor acknowledges that the Venue Operator governs access to the Venue and may eject or refuse admission to any person who fails to behave in accordance with the standards required.
The Exhibitor must ensure that all reasonable care is taken in the use and occupation of the Venue and is responsible for:
- Ensuring the Venue will be left in the same condition upon completion of the Hire Period, as it was at the commencement.
- Ensuring they do not construct or erect any rigging, scaffolding or other temporary structure or suspend any object or thing from the ceiling of the Venue without obtaining the prior approval of the Venue.
- Ensuring they do not permanently mark, paint, drill or otherwise deface any part of the Venue or make any alteration to the structure, fittings decorations or furnishings and ensure they do not fix, attach or erect any signage, decoration or item to any part of the Venue.
- Any additional cost that may be incurred as a result of the need for the removal of extra rubbish, extra cleaning and repairs of the Venue.
- Any damage or loss that they may cause to the Venue, stand structure and/or goods or property of the Organisers, the Venue, or any other Exhibitor, individual or company.
PAYMENT, REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION:
A stand booking is not confirmed until the Exhibitor has accepted the Terms and Conditions and has paid the booking fee in full. An invoice will be sent once site allocation has been confirmed.
Payment will be made online at the time of booking your preferred stand. If you cannot pay immediately online you will be issued an invoice which will be payable in full within two business days after which time the booking will be released. A stand booking is subject to challenge by other prospective Exhibitors, until payment has been received.
Withdrawal from the Expo once you have been allocated a site will incur an administration fee of 50% of the fee paid up until 8 weeks out from the event. If the cancellation is received within 8 weeks of the event no refund will be issued.
Unless otherwise stated payment of other invoices issued by the Organiser are due within 2 days of the invoice date. If an invoice remains unpaid after due date for payment, the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw any underlying unperformed service and or inferred right or opportunity. All goods remain the property of the Organiser until full payment is made.
INSURANCE AND PUBLIC LIABILITY:
The Organisers shall be under no liability for loss or damage to exhibits or other property of the Exhibitor, however so caused. The Exhibitor is advised to take out all necessary insurance.
Should the Exhibitor cause damage to the venue the Exhibitor will be liable for all repairs and costs. The Exhibitor’s insurers should be advised to extend cover, including public liability for the Expo.
To comply with conditions of the Venue’s insurance policy, all electrical devices that are brought in and used within the Venue, must have been inspected in accordance to and comply with Electrical Standards.
No electrical devices will be permitted into the Venue unless suitably qualified personnel have inspected them, and they are tagged with the date of inspection, which must be no later than 12 months prior to the commencement of the Expo.
Exhibitors who do not comply with these terms and conditions will not be invited to exhibit in the future.
The booking fee does not include the loading and handling of the Exhibitor’s equipment or materials or dressing of the stand. The Exhibitor must arrange any items of furniture or display items for their stand.
If the holding of the Expo or the supply of any services by the Organisers is prevented, postponed or abandoned by reason of fire, flood, earthquake or similar catastrophic event, state of emergency, Act of God, warlike hostilities, an Act of Parliament, regulation or direction or any strike or industrial action or epidemic, disruption to the power supply, or any cause not within the control of the Organisers, (together “Force Majeure Event”) then the Organisers shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any expenditure or liability of loss, including consequential loss incurred by the Exhibitor.
The Organiser reserves the right to alter or add to these conditions as may be necessary for the efficient running of the Bay of Plenty/Waikato Business Expo.